Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member
Accepted Solution

Land line broken since 21 Nov

I am going to post every day until you fix my line: Call 338CTK21115 closed without the phone being fixed. Current open call 282CTK231215; escalated 795799. My calls have been with 5 different technicians since November. When can I expect progress? Is 6 weeks not long enough? What I think is that nobody knows and/or cares and they are just passing it through from one department to another.

All in all the fact is that the line is off for 6 weeks , that multiple technicians have been dispatched and done nothing and I pay you for a dismal service

Super Admin
Super Admin

Re: Land line broken since 21 Nov

This channel is not for service queries such as this. Please make use of our channels available.

Should you wish to speak to Telkom, we have a few option to suit your needs.

• Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10120 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Email us
  • Find a Store
Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due! 

Highlighted
Established Member

I did contact all the chanels you mention in the past 6 weeks; daily since the begining on the new year.

Nothing and nobody helps.  Your tag line says "Discuss anything related to your Landline voice service".

This is a thing related to my land line SERVICE:

My land line is off for 6 weeks. 6 WEEKS!!! Is that a reasonable SLA for you? Do you even understand the notions of "customer service", "SLA" , etc? Do you undestand that you are PROTECTED, because the government does NOT allow another land line operator in South Africa; so I have no OTHER CHOICE?

You are going to have to deal with me until someone gets off their backsides and fixes my line. I will pester you everyday, like i said.

Established Member

So, what seems to work is behaving like a mad woman and complaining on all channels (Facebook, Twitter, hello Peter and here) 3 or 4 times a day... They eventually crumble and talk to the technicians. Not sure why one has to get crazy to get service. I do think a published set of SLAs and some sort of penalties for breaking them would be beneficial, for as long as the government doesn't allow competition for fixed lines

I Have olso n ADSL line that are slow for over 2months and from 2 weeks a go the telefone and ADSLlines are down report many times the last ref is 150ATK141215

I send a photo for telkom and voxtelecom af the  pole see att photoPole.JPG

I am experiencing the same problem... When I call 10210 line we are placed on hold for over 40mins, get a consultant then they have no information... 011 312 7551, is a number that I desperately need to conduct my busniess the line has been off since early December it is now almost mid January...will someone please do something about this issue....

Strangely enough yesterday I after logging a call, Telkom calls me to tell me that I am owing, how do I pay for something that is broken.. this is absoulte nonense....

Deliver Telkom Deliver!!!

I completely agree. I have never seen an Operator like Telkom South Africa with so low level of professionalism.

I have the same problem i.e. land line broken at least from 3rd January (I was not in Joburg since 14th December).

I raised the first fault on 4th January.

On 8th January the technician closed it because he solved the problem??? The fault is 241CRK050116.

CAN THE MODERATOR EXPLAIN ME the reason why I am not allowed to reopen a new fault even if the problem was not solved?

Moreover every time a I call the Customer Care they tell me they don't understand the reason why I complain for a fault since 8th January.

Then I raised a second ticket on 8th January and now an escalation on 11th January. Today the operator told me that an escalation means that somebody will solve the problem within 18th January???

CAN THE MODERATOR EXPLAIN ME if for an escalation Telkom commits 1 week, what does it happen for a fault. 1 YEAR?

Unfortunately it is not the first time. In September I had another problem with ADSL. Fortunately I found a person on the phone who guided me to reset the Pwd when I was connected with my laptop to the router. Well after 3 weeks I was contacted by a technician on the phone. He asked me if it was working. When I was surprised and I answered yes, he closed the fault. THIS IS A MIRACLE!!!

DEAR MODERATOR, may you explain us what is the SLA and the reason why we must pay Telekom SA Service if we don't have the service per many weeks?

I don't think that the MODERATOR will respond to this request.

Thanks

Super Admin
Super Admin

Should a fault exist for more than 24 hours (with valid fault reference number) then rental credit will be passed. You are also able to contact our account department and lodge a dispute on your bill.

For all Telkom's Terms and Conditions, please see here

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due! 

I have the same problem and I hope by posting here I will have the same result!

My landline has not been working since November and my ADSL has been irregular since the same date. I use both of these for business purposes too.

Technicians did come to my home to repair the fault, without success, bit still decided in their wisdom to show my faults as resolved! I then had to do the whole process again of reporting the fault!

To today my phone has still not been corrected and I have been paying for a service (3 months now!) that I have had no use of!!!

Can someone please assist me!!!

My tracking number is: 579CTK04116

!!

Yesterday I posted this:

I have the same problem and I hope by posting here I will have the same result!

My landline has not been working since November and my ADSL has been irregular since the same date. I use both of these for business purposes too.

Technicians did come to my home to repair the fault, without success, bit still decided in their wisdom to show my faults as resolved! I then had to do the whole process again of reporting the fault!

To today my phone has still not been corrected and I have been paying for a service (3 months now!) that I have had no use of!!!

Can someone please assist me!!!

My tracking number is: 579CTK04116

!!

As of today....NO reponse....and srtill without a landline or ADSL data connection!!!!

I will continue to post daily!

About This Post
  • 12 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 8 Contributors