Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Line cancelled - still being billed - can I dispute

Hi all,

I cancelled my services for a line on 6 September 2018.

I am aware of the 30 day notice thus I accepted being billed in October.

However when I received my November invoice I saw that I am charged for the line from 4 November to 3 December.

Upon querying this I was told that this is correct as this is the "final settlement" for the cancelled line.

But this is then a 90 day cancellation period and not their 30 days as they require.

Can I dispute this as I am also aware that they will suspend my other services and number if I do not pay this amount.

I am just looking for advise how to handle this as I am overall at my witts end with Telkom - from ADSL line speed, to call out fees charged where no call out happened to having my line suspended for charges I have not been invoiced yet.

I am over the call centre as they are not of help at all (which I understand - they can also just say what they are told)

Valued Contributor

Re: Line cancelled - still being billed - can I dispute

Hi @Dom1989

Sorry to hear you’ve battled like this - wish we could help but we’re  customers in the forum. ( no other link to Telkom).

Telkom usually adjust any credit due on your final bill.  Maybe worth a last call to 10210 accounts to lodge a dispute - they were very helpful when we had issues last year .

Otherwise, if you were given a formal Telkom ref., their criteria ( below) was met,  your cancellation ref. is older than 60 days, and you’re positive that their final bill is wrong , you could submit a complaint / billing dispute to ICASA:- 

http://www.icasa.org.za 

Telkom criteria :- 

•  You will get a reference number when you submit your request to Telkom. You will need this reference number if at any point you need Telkom to escalate your request.
  •  If you have any ISP services with other service providers, you will need to cancel those services BEFORE you submit your request to cancel your Telkom services.
  •   Any Telkom services still in their contract phase may incur penalties.
  •  If you wish to have any credit balance refunded to you once you receive your final bill, please log a dispute with Telkom Billing on 10210. 

Hope this helps. Good luck - please let us know outcome. 

how do i cancel my contract with this crap company? they keep on refering me to the web link but nothing is working

Similar thing happened to me.

I'm getting my personal banker to reverse the attempted theft from my bank account each time they try it.

I am also openeing a case at the local police station of attempted theft against Telkom.

telkom sucks

i have been trying to cancel my landline for more than a year now.

good luck - hope you have more success than what i had

Tried that 9 month still no refund. A lot of stories. Frustrated Alex

I am in the same boat. I cancelled my ADSL and landline last year (2018) May. Even though i have sent through proof of this as well as all the emails sent to Telkom more than 5 times already. Then i get harrased by NuDebt on behalf of the client. I send them all the proof as well and yet I AM STILL BEING BILLED!!!!!!!

Th best part is that i have been out the country since June 2018 and yet apparently im still using my phone. What a load of bull!!!

Highlighted
HVR

Those being billed and not on debit order after cancelling their Telkom lines.

WATCH OUT Telkom sends these unpaid accounts to Credit Bureas and basically extort the money out of you since after a couple of month of unpaid bills you will be unable to get loan or contract approvals.

I just gave up on disputes and multiple escalations and paid them their R2000 extortiuon fees in the hope I can get my credit record cleared; There are THOUSANDS of other cases in the media and on other forums.

Established Member

About This Post
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 10 Contributors