Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

No Land line = No Internet

We are without internet from April 10, 18 and this is unacceptable. Someone was at the problem area and confirmed that the phone cable / line was faulty and that they should be replaced or repaired. When you call Telkom, they tell you that they are still "investigating" please do not investigate, fix the problem. The previous fault ref from 10 April 18 has been changed to "Job Done" .... Really?

What can I do to fix this problem?

Frequent Contributor

Re: No Land line = No Internet

Hi @wjacobs

Sorry to read this , so frustrating . Our connection issues were fixed last year after interminable patience & tenacity.

You should message the details to a Telkom media support team - include all your refs & dates . They usually speed things up & respond well with decent  feedback :-

Facebook: TelkomZA

Twitter:    @telkomza

Also email the same to   support@telkom.co.za

Hope this helps ,  good luck.

Thanks, Kathy1. So I follow your advice and emailed support@telkom.co.za -  did not get any feedback.

Twitter:  Their answer "Hi , we humbly apologize for the delay. Please kindly note case ref: 23111581 is linked to cable fault and our technical team is still busy with it. ^Frank"  from the 10th of April 18.....really. it's hard to believe.

Then: I spoke to Telkom call centre yesterday and they promise me the cable will be fix the same day (17 May 18) as there is a technical team in our area. ha ha I don't know why I got my hope up. It's still not fixed..... 

What can I do!!! Maybe try to fix it myself?

Frequent Contributor

Hi @wjacobs

Thanks for update , disappointing to hear no progress.

Would suggest you keep  resubmitting follow up enquiries every few days to support@telkom.co.za . Sorry but the community can’t really help re. service - we’re also customers with no other link to Telkom.

I know It can take a while for techs to pinpoint & fix line faults , they can’t predict completion dates . 

Hope their ‘ team in the area’ reconnects you soon. 

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors