Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

No Land line = No Internet

Capture.PNG

We are without internet from April 10, 18 and this is unacceptable. Someone was at the problem area and confirmed that the phone cable / line was faulty and that they should be replaced or repaired. When you call Telkom, they tell you that they are still "investigating" please do not investigate, fix the problem. The previous fault ref from 10 April 18 has been changed to "Job Done" .... Really?

What can I do to fix this problem?

Valued Contributor

Re: No Land line = No Internet

Hi @wjacobs

Sorry to read this , so frustrating . Our connection issues were fixed last year after interminable patience & tenacity.

You should message the details to a Telkom media support team - include all your refs & dates . They usually speed things up & respond well with decent  feedback :-

Facebook: TelkomZA

Twitter:    @telkomza

Also email the same to   support@telkom.co.za

Hope this helps ,  good luck.

Thanks, Kathy1. So I follow your advice and emailed support@telkom.co.za -  did not get any feedback.

Twitter:  Their answer "Hi , we humbly apologize for the delay. Please kindly note case ref: 23111581 is linked to cable fault and our technical team is still busy with it. ^Frank"  from the 10th of April 18.....really. it's hard to believe.

Then: I spoke to Telkom call centre yesterday and they promise me the cable will be fix the same day (17 May 18) as there is a technical team in our area. ha ha I don't know why I got my hope up. It's still not fixed..... 

What can I do!!! Maybe try to fix it myself?

Valued Contributor

Hi @wjacobs

Thanks for update , disappointing to hear no progress.

Would suggest you keep  resubmitting follow up enquiries every few days to support@telkom.co.za . Sorry but the community can’t really help re. service - we’re also customers with no other link to Telkom.

I know It can take a while for techs to pinpoint & fix line faults , they can’t predict completion dates . 

Hope their ‘ team in the area’ reconnects you soon. 

Hi there your exchange has recently been upgraded there are alternative solutions with proper service and connection... without copper... you dont lose your number and we will deal with any Telkom related issue on ur behalf during the change over.... also more affordable than your copper network... currently Telkom clients are on per min billing when we can switch you over to per second billing and so so much more

Kind regards Shane

Hi,

Are you a Telkom employee? I’m not interested in voice at all, I just need my line to be fix so that I can use my ADSL line for internet.

I talk to Telkom every day and this is the message I get “we humbly apologize for the delay. Please kindly note case ref: 23111581 is linked to cable fault  and our technical team is still busy with it” from the 10th of April?. You never get an email back if you email support.

Sorry, I just can’t do this anymore.

Valued Contributor

Hello @wjacobs

Think you’ll find call centre agents will repeat the same on each call, but your enquiries may not be recorded in their system. Emails with your details / fault refs / dates would be better recorded & more likely to escalate results.  

My connection was only fixed last year after mailing  support@telkom.co.za. Either way I’m sorry to hear they haven’t helped  - you must be climbing the walls. 

Given that you’ve already waited so long it could be worth asking if they could provide you with an alternative temporary internet connection until the cable fault’s fixed - they did that for a friend of mine after weeks of cable issues.

PS  Shane’s cell is MTN not Telkom .

About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors