Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member
Accepted Solution

Phone line lying on the ground for almost a week now... 211CNK040317

Hi, 

My line has been broken since Saturday, I reported it right away and got the reference number 211CNK040317

I phoned on Monday and again Today to enquire on the status and to let someone know that the line was actually broken and lying on the ground.

Today, when I called, I was told that the technician was at the center 'testing the line', when I explained that there was nothing to test as the line is in fact, broken and lying on the ground, the lady did not particulaly seems to care much about that detail.

Not sure what there is to test, someone just needs to come and re-connect the line to the pole.

Is it normal for a call to take that long, (and if it is, how much longer shall I expect to wait)? Can I move/touch the line?

Any other way to speed up the call?

Thanks

FFMG

Frequent Contributor

Re: Phone line lying on the ground for almost a week now... 211CNK040317

@FFMG howzit. safe to assume it was sorted.

Highlighted
Established Member

Hi,

No, it is not, someone came on Friday, reconnected the line on the pole, but it is very noisy and unusable.

I am guessing that they did not test it at all, just reconnected it and moved on... (I wasn't home).

Internet is also terrible, (ranges from 0mb to 2mb according to speedtest.net, I am supposed to be on a 10Mb line).

I have logged another fault, 270CNK210317, I am worried it will take another 13 days to sort it out.

This is ridiculous, and all this time, I am expected to pay for no service, this is not fair...

Is there any way I can get a refund for this month? I pretty much had no internet 

Established Member

Finally, Telkom came around and it all seems to be working ok now.

I am gettind 8.5Mb Download and 0.8Mb Up, I am not sure if those are good numbers for a 10Mb line, but it is better than nothing.

I still think it is very unfair that I have to pay for almost a full month of no service.

And, given the total lack of responses here, I think it is fair to asume that this community is totally usueless to say the least.

Regular Contributor

8.5Mbps is not bad, considering that there is always about a 10-15% overhead for the TCP/IP protocol.

Call their accounts and log a dispute for the line rental seeing that you should have a reference number for this downtime

Established Member

@thesuspect wrote:

Call their accounts and log a dispute for the line rental seeing that you should have a reference number for this downtime 

I will try and do that, thanks, I have 2 reference numbers, (one for the line down and one for the line down not been fixed properly).

F.

Moderator Moderator

Hi @FFMG, I am glad you came right.

And, given the total lack of responses here, I think it is fair to asume that this community is totally usueless to say the least.

Just to clarify, the Community is not one of our Service Channels, so we are not manning it with agents. This is a peer to peer support forum where the members assist each other. For service, please read this post - How to get Help

output_Svao80.gif
Established Member

@NC wrote:

Hi @FFMG, I am glad you came right.

Just to clarify, the Community is not one of our Service Channels, so we are not manning it with agents. This is a peer to peer support forum where the members assist each other. For service, please read this post - How to get Help

This is the telkom forum is it not? community.telkom.co.za belongs to telkom, does it not?
Yet no one contacted me, no one replied, not a soul offered any advice, sugestions, nothing.

Pretty much the same as the 'help line', the 'fault reporting', nothing.

As for your "How to get help" link, thank, but I'd wager a guess that you never tried to ask telkom for any sort of help.

Go back in my original posts and you will see for yourself.

For anybody reading, go to Helo peter, the papers, facebook, (a public post), and call every single days, (for a good laugh).

And eventually, after +20 days, you might get some help.

Thanks

FFMG

Regular Contributor

@FFMG, did you not read the response? They do not man this with agents. They do not respond to service stuff here. This Community is Peer 2 Peer. That is us customers helping customers.

About This Post
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 Contributors