Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member

Still struggling with Telkom to get a simple landline activation...

Hi i have been trying for the past 2-3 weeks to get my fixed line in my residence and still have no success.First i placed the order then called in to follow up a week later and was told my order number does not exist and there is no order on my ID number. I had to do the whole order process from over again and wait another 7-21 days.

Its been a week now since my second attempt to get the line in and have not received a sms or a call with a date on when it will be install.

My home has the box, cables etc all i need is a simple activation that will probably take the tech guy 10 minutes yet i am waiting over 3 weeks now cause i had to re apply. I wonder is this order number is going to go missing as well...

Order number - no:142547061A

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: Still struggling with Telkom to get a simple landline activation...

Hi @Suaad, our Fulfillment team advise that your installtion is scheduled for monday 13th June.

Highlighted
Established Member

Good Day,

Thanks for for the reply. Do you have a time on Monday when the tec will be
here to install the land line? I want to make sure either myself of my
husband is at hime for the installation.

Regards
Suaad
Highlighted
Established Member

Here we go again...

So after taking the day off and waiting for Telkom. Still no Technition.  I contact customer care and they tell me i have no install scheduled and that i have to wait 7-21 days. WHAT?!? Same story different day. If i do not have a install scheduled for today why did i get a reply saying 13 June 2016 on this forum? Do you guys just give random dates so that people that read the forums can see you sorting them out? what makes it worse i even received a sms saing 13 June 2016 and i had to reply yes or no . I replied YES ofcource and took the day off.

Waited whole morning for nothing... Cant wait to see the next reply i get. When is this even goign to get done...Simple line install...

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Nothing is ever simple ...  we feel your pain as community members.  The technician scheduling process seems in desperate need of overhauling ...

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
Highlighted
Established Member

Well, if they give a date and say tech is dispathed , it is very simple. No show or call to inform me while waiting all day is not on.

So yes it is simple, do not give a date and dont show or even inform the customer that they have to come another day is pretty simple enough.

I work in retail and service delivery myself so i deal with this first hand 7 days a week so i know if a date is give or arranged one needs to stick to it or atleast inform the customer or any changes rather than keeping them waiting.

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors