Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Trying to cancel landline

I have been trying to cancel my landline since we sold our house and moved a few months ago. I sent an email with the cancellation form and a copy of my ID to servcancellation@telkom.co.za on 12 May and received an automated response that someone would contact me within 21 working days (which is a bit ridiculous but whatever).

To date I have had no one contact me and there appears to be no way to actually get hold of anyone in the cancellations department.

Can anyone help out? Any advice on how I can get Telkom to stop holding me ransom and actually do their jobs and cancel my account?

Moderator Moderator

Re: Trying to cancel landline

Hi @DarthMol, see the following link on our site - There is usually a 30 motice period.

http://www.telkom.co.za/today/help/home/faq/how-do-i-cancel-my-contract-or-follow-cancellation-home/

output_Svao80.gif

I am haviing the same problem I have emailed my cancellation form & ID several times since 1st June, giving 30days notice  I only get automated response.

No one contacts you as it says on the email .I have tried every phone number at Telkom, but no one can assist, No one deals telephonically for cancellation. Its so frustrating trying to get any response. I  wanted  my landline & ADSL cancelled from 1st July as I started the LTE system form 1st July  & now will be paying for 2 telkom systems.

Is there no one out there who can assist us !!!

Is the only route to stop paying your bill & wait to be cut off !!

Does any one get any help with this form of communication ?

I have also been trying to get my land line & ADSL cancelled.

Gave 30days notice by email 1st June & sent agin several times

Get a automated response. No one at telkom numbers will help you either.All very frustrating

I wanted my services off by 1st July as I started with the LTE service.

Will now be billed for 2 services in one month.

Is the only way to get disconeected  not pay your bill, will I get a  response then

Moderator Moderator

Hi @Gill1, sorry for the experience. I suggest going in store and discussing with a service agent directly.

output_Svao80.gif

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem, I cannot get thru to any person. It is just a recording that plays over and over and over and over

Did a cancelation of my land line and lte on 19 feb. 2018. 8 may 2018 and it is still not fixed. land line: after 21 days contact telkom and they claimed my cancelation was not on the system. How then did a get a reply that it will take 21 days?

The operator then gave me another e-mail to send it to. Re send the mail and it came back than the e-mail address doesnt exist. My advise just stop paying. i have better things to do than to ran after telkom

About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 Contributors