Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member
Accepted Solution

Trying to convert my landline from contract to prepaid Waya Waya

[ Edited ]

Now that I have moved from ADSL to LTE I have no use really for a full landline service but I thought I'll retain my number through the prepaid service which is a lot cheaper.  So I registered online over two weeks back at http://www.telkom.co.za/today/shop/flla/ to have this done. Still no-one had contacted me. I tried a second time too but no result. I phone Telkom Customer Care who told me it is better to go visit a Telkom shop to gte this done. So I duly went off to the Telkom shop at Canal Walk Shopping Centre yesterday, only to be told there is no such service. I said to them it is on their website but they said it is not loaded on their system. They suggestd I rathr call the Customer Care number, which I told them I had done an dthey had referred me to the shop. Now they have now given me a cancellation form to cancel my voice service altogether.

But this does seem rather extreme as all I wanted to was convert to prepaid and keep the phone number. I was on the Waya Waya service before until I had wanted ADSL when I was forced by Telkom to upgrade to a full voice service. 

I just cannot understand how Telkom can advertise a service, but their shops know nothing about it. You'd think they want to retain business as afar as possible. So can I convert now (will someone respond from that website as promised) or do I just cancel?

Moderator Moderator

Re: Trying to convert my landline from contract to prepaid Waya Waya

Hi @DanieVDM

Please make use of the following channels to assist further with your migrate query

Facebook: TelkomZA
Twitter: @HelloTelkom
Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representatives)

output_Svao80.gif
Established Member

Thank you I had engaged via Twitter with @TelkomZA and had been receiving responses. I'll follow the advice on the e-mail so long with ID. Thank you.

Highlighted
Established Member

Issue has still been attended to though as I'm still waiting for someone to call me back to action the request. I had also sent in an e-mail to escalations with a copy of my ID.

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 Contributors