Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to make calls.

Hi all, I received a new WIFI phone on 11-02-2019, I had to wait for the copper system to be disconnected before I could have the SIM card activated, the copper system went down on 28-02-2019, I have been battling since then to get the system right.  I can make calls from that SIM card but I cannot receive any calls.  The SIM card was tested in another device, the device was tested with another SIM card.  I have been deaing with 10210 on a weekly bases, with no luck.  I have been to the Telkom branch twice, with no luck.  We even did a SIM swop, this also didnt work.  Can anybody please help in getting this fixed.

New Contributor

Re: Unable to make calls.

So basically you have FLLA for your home/business.

Since it's a WIFI phone not sure if you mean't is VoIP phone this means it makes calls over the internet.

So it would be easy to just pack the phone and it's accessories to the nearest telkom centre to get it tested there. They will do activation also.

I don't get why they would perform a SIM swop on a new SIM.

Did you test the WIFI phone with another SIM Card?

Hi

Thank you for your response.

The device is a 3G FLLA WI-FI phone (Fixed Line Look Alike with WI-FI
hotspot capabilities) for home use, since the copper system is no longer
operational in the area.

That's just it, I have been to Telkom Lakeside Mall branch twice, with the
device and the original sim card, no matter what they did on their system or
on the device it just does not work. The sim swop does exactly the same as
the original issued one. I do not know where to turn to.
New Contributor

You seem to have tried everything except getting a new 3G FLLA WI-FI phone, It might be probably faulty. You should re-apply or exchage faulty devices before it leads you to more fustration.

Yes, it is a FLLA phone with a landline number.  And yes, the phone has been tested with a different SIM card and then it works fine, can make and receive calls, the minute I put the Telkom SIM back i have the same problem, the message that you get is "the number you have dialed does not exist".  And so the SIM card has also been tested in another device, the same message is heard when dialing the land line number

Frustrating to say the least, as the phone was tested and works perfect with any other service provider SIM card, except the Telkom one, surely then it isnt the phone.........

Highlighted
New Contributor

It's time you launch a formal complaint against telkom, it's not your fault that the SIM is not working properly.
Established Member

Re: Cancellations

Seems like cancelling the service is the way to go, but I see on the forum that people are experiencing problems with that as well, being billed months after the service has been cancelled.  What to do is the question.

New Contributor

Re: Cancellations

it's hectic better hope they won't bill you hey
About This Post
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 Contributors