Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Weltevreden Park ignored by Telkom

Anyone in the Weltevreden Park area on here with no fixed line or adsl for the last month?  At my wit's end with frustration.  Telkom keeps apologising and saying they are fixing it.... but to date, nothing.  I was on site Saturday and Snr Tech said Cable was in, sealed and no water could get to it.  Said lines would start going live in 2 hours.  Also spoke to a Tech in the area Sunday, confirmed cable is repaired.  Techs are working at boxes now because of some other problem!! Today's Wednesday, still nothing.  I am being driven batty by the inconsistencies and lack of service delivery.  No feedback, just excuses from Telkom.

Re: Weltevreden Park ignored by Telkom

PS - no success on Twitter or FB routes... or physically getting in my car and going to the site.  Why can't Telkom just communicate??  Why do I always have to chase Telkom for status???  For a communications company.... let's put that on your "To Do" list. 

Moderator Moderator

Hi @Vanessaone, thanks for trying the Community. It is not actually a service channel, no agents manning it. Rather it is a peer 2 peer support channel for customers to help and support each other. I have reached out to our technical office, and when I get feedback I will let you know.

output_Svao80.gif
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Vanessaone, I have some bad news. According to our technical office, there was another major cable break due to a storm. This affected a 120 meter section of cable made up of 1400 lines. This now needs to be replaced and jointed (connected) onto the existing cable. Quite a bit of work, but they are on it!

output_Svao80.gif

Unfortunately I have been on site every weekend. The cable has already been replaced and the supervisor on site said lines would be live within hours... this was last Saturday.  So there are too many holes in the stories. They just need to fix now.  
About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors