Important! Community will be closing.

Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

copper base to new wireless voice line: No service for a month

Ref no. 228655626A   Telkom contacted us and said that they are doing away with the copper lines and they gave us a new wireless phone.

We been in contact with Telkom several times to conect the new phone.

The only repsonse I get is that I have to wait 48 hours for the sim to activate.  And nothing happens after that. Now my copper based line has been down for a month and the new phone is still not working.

We have tried phoning Telkom several times and did not get any joy. 

We have visisted the telkom shop in Tygervalley centre on the 9th and 22nd of August and still no joy.   We have emailed the consaltants that help us at the Tygervalley branch and they did not even reply to us {bamn1@telkom.co.za (Nicole)  and  kleynj2@telkom.co.za (jason)}  I really do not now what else to do. 

I have always been happy with the Telkom service, but I am really discussted the the level of service to assist a customer in solving a problem.

Highlighted
Established Member

Re: copper base to new wireless voice line: No service for a month

I have had more or less the same experience in Hermanus, after being asked by Telkom Sales to move from ADSL to LTE. I was quite happy with my ADSL service for several years.

After several days of frustration and trips to the Hermanus Telkom Office, my LTE service eventually started working. The staff I spoke to acknowledged problems with the local LTE service. I am frustrated by the frequent outages of the LTE connection to the mobile tower, even though the signal is strong when a connection does exist. I spent a lot of time unsuccessfully trying to get help from Telkom 10210. 

My suspicion is that Telkom's LTE infrastructure in Hermanus has not been properly prepared to accommodate the previous ADSL users being moved to LTE and that the local tower and base station is running out of slots. If this is the case, Telkom Sales is making a costly mistake by pressuring ADSL users to move to LTE-service where the LTE capacity is not in place. Telkom will loose long-time customers such as myself.

Highlighted

Highlighted

I live in Kuilsrivier and I had capped LTE for a couple of years with no problem. I recently did an upgrade on my LTE to uncapped. And boy the problems started. Now my LTE is very slow and more off than on. I have to restart my router a couple of times a day. I should have just kept my Capped line. The uncapped is day light robbery. And now I sit with a 24 month contract.
About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 Contributors