Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

refuse Closing my Account

On the 30th of November 2017 I requested to close down my telkom account through an agent called Nokuthula Yona (yonan@telkom.co.za). I send the completed form to her and to (servcancellation@telkom.co.za). By the 1st of Feb 2018 the account still was not closed down and I resent the completed cancellation form to a Nwabisa Lane (lanenl@telkom.co.za) after a telephonic recorded conversation. THEY WERE STILL DEBITING MY ACCOUNT. I followed up thereafter on the 14th of February 2018 as well as on the 27th of February 2018 via (mayekib3@telkom.co.za), I even resent the completed cancellation form AGAIN.
I then received a cancellation reference number: 220110969A as well as a charges dispute reference number: 225654022 on the 27th of February 2018. On the 18th of April I realized YET ANOTHER debit order of R400 was deducted from my bank account in April and the another one yesterday for May.

TELKOM you literally are stealing thousands of rands from me and I will consider legal recourse now. Horrible service and this is theft.

Re: refuse Closing my Account

I am having the same problem - forms completed and submitted on Feb 16 2018, and received a call saying that my line (Smarthome Advance) will be terminated on March 18  (which it was). Neveretheless my debit order still went off on April 2nd. After repeated calls and claims that my query would be sent to the "manager" and "escalated" and that I will be reimbursed - spoke to an agent Kamvelihle and another lady 3 times , another debit order went off on May 2nd. I called again today and got a reference number 28612210 - I am hoping that my debit order has been now cancelled and I will get my money back but I am not feeling optimistic. 

Re: refuse Closing my Account

I am having the same problem - forms completed and submitted on Feb 16 2018, and received a call saying that my line (Smarthome Advance) will be terminated on March 18 (which it was). Neveretheless my debit order still went off on April 2nd. After repeated calls and claims that my query would be sent to the "manager" and "escalated" and that I will be reimbursed - spoke to an agent Kamvelihle and another lady 3 times , another debit order went off on May 2nd. I called again today and got a reference number 28612210 - I am hoping that my debit order has been now cancelled and I will get my money back but I am not feeling optimistic.

About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 Contributors